Friday, November 20, 2009

Virtual Reality

This poem is dedicated to all of the friends I have made on the internet. Even to the people that I am not crazy I about or are not crazy about me, I still care about and love you guys.

We decided to hide behind a screen
So some things in our lives couldn't be seen

Our fears, our loses, our wishes and our needs
Becoming anonymous wtih usernames, posts, and some with masked IPs

It starts out as fun but becomes so much more
The screen between us becomes an unlocked door

We open up about our fears, our losses, our wishes and our needs
We become friends, confidants, a support sytem...a team.

Our true personalities slowly came through the PMs and group chats we had
Because the truth cannot be hidden for long when you make good friends

Some of us are chill, wound up, fearful, funny, sensitive, and tough
But we understand and accept one another, which helps a lot when the going gets tough.

I have laughed, cried, been angry, felt guilt, and made amends
With people from all over the globe in just a matter of seconds.

New friendships were made, some lasted and some turned sour
But a lot was learned about trust, motives, and power.

Some enemies were made as time went on or based on what others said
And I found out that some who were assumed to be had been wrongly read.

This all happens in front of my computer in the security of my home,
No other person physically around, but I feel far from alone.

You may wonder how I can say that I love those I only know behind a screen on my PC,
But for me it's quite simple; Love is needed everywhere, even in the world of virtual reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment